Thursday, March 24, 2011

Everyone Needs A Mom

I went out to Starbuck's today with a friend.  She is 28 years old and from Iowa.  She gave me a wonderful compliment, she said I was her Arizona Mom.  She is about the same age as my children, her mom is in Iowa and we have a lot in common.  As I was driving home from Starbuck's I realized that I have an Arizona Mom too.

I think most women need to have a 'Mom' in their life even if their mother is out of the picture either through death, or location.  A woman who can talk about things that they have been there and done that or who can be in your corner cheering you on. 

No one can replace your own mother, nor should any woman try, but often times in your life you need an older woman to guide, encourage and comfort you as you go through life. 

I had a few women that filled that role even though I lived close to my mom most of my life.  Aunt Judy helped fill the holes that my mom did not notice was there.  It was nice to tell Aunt Judy things that I did not feel comfortable sharing with my Mom. The more people who are in your corner with encouragement, wisdom and unconditional love the better your life will be.

I stated that women needed other women to fill that role, but my husband had an adopted family too.  When we were dating and first married this family welcomed me as a much as they did my husband.  My husband's parents lived in Arizona and he lived in Iowa so he also had Iowa parents. We were always at his adopted family's house and celebrations.

Yes your family is important, but it is nice to know that God will often provide that Arizona Mom or Iowa family to help you along life's way.

Titus 2:4  Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment