Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sharing

One of the wonderful things about being a parent is sharing with my children.  It starts from conception on.  As an expectant mother your child shares your nutrients, heartbeat (for a while), oxygen etc..  Then when your child is born you share your milk and then as they grow you share life with them.

I was blessed to stay at home with our two children.  I was able to share my knowledge of simple things like colors, potty training, how to tie their shoes, animal sounds; in other words life in general.  My favoritest thing in the world to share with them was God.  As I discovered God I loved to share him with Ryan and Dennis.

Now Ryan and Dennis are all grown up.  I do still share with them, but I share on an adult level.  My favoritest thing to share with them is still God.  I love watching them grow in their knowledge of God and in their relationship with God..  There is nothing better in this world than sharing with our children the maker of the universe who knows them and loves them better than their own mother.

Deuteronomy 6:6 - 9 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on your doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment