Friday, December 3, 2010

Sam

I have been watching a lot of TV and DVD's this last week.  I have a muscle spasm and it is pressing on my sciatic nerve which causes lots of pain.   I have not been able to sit for more than a few minutes without severe pain.  The only thing I can do is take drugs and rest my left side.  So because of this wonderful pain I have caught up on some movie watching.  I started watching The Lord of the Rings and it made me think about Sam.

Sam  is Frodo's best friend and he sticks with Frodo through thick and thin and tries to help Frodo make the right choices.  Sam is loyal, faithful and honest; I really think he is a great hero in the series.

I think everyone needs a Sam in their life, including children.  When I was little and getting ready to go to kindergarten I remember my mom looking out the window waiting for Lori to walk by.  When Lori walked by my mom told me to go out and talk to her.  I did what my mom told me to do and I ended up with my best friend up through 5th grade.  My mom was watching out for me.

Siblings often times can be a Sam in your children's lives.  Our two sons are each others best friends and they are loyal and honest with each other.  My daughter in law's mom insisted that sisters stick together no matter what.  By teaching her daughters that, they have a Sam in their life.

Life is hard on its own, make sure your child has a Sam in their life.

Proverbs 18:24 A man of many companions may come to ruin, but their is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment