Thursday, October 21, 2010

Joy

I got to go to church service on Sunday.  Often times I am helping with the children's ministry.  It was wonderful to sing and clap my hands and worship God with fellow believers.  The joy of the Lord is my strength.  It brightened up my day and started off the week on a good note.

When our kids were little I used to turn up the radio loud and dance and sing with them.  I used to pick them up and dance and twirl them around.  There was never a particular reason why I did it, I was just enjoying them and sharing a precious gift with them and that is the gift of joy.

Children grow up quicker than you would believe.  As a parent you often spend a lot of your time teaching and correcting them.  In your teaching remember to teach them about joy.  Joy no matter what the circumstances and joy for no reason at all.  There is always time to share the joy of the Lord.

When your children are grown and gone (remember that is your goal) you can look back on those times you shared joy with them and smile.  I don't know if Ryan and Dennis remember those times, but I do.  I miss them sometimes and the memories of us sharing the joy of the Lord bring a smile to my face and some satisfaction to my heart. 

Psalm 81:1 Sing for joy to God our strength

No comments:

Post a Comment