Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day.  For Valentine's Day this year I wrote a poem for my husband.  I came up with the idea to write this poem for two reasons.  The first reason is my husband made a comment in passing that I would be better off with another man.  It was a comment that stuck with me and made me think that I must not be doing my job as his wife if he thinks that.  The second reason is what I heard on a radio program.  The radio program I was listening to was 'Intentional Living' with Dr. Randy Carlson.  He was talking about marriages and a woman called up telling him that her husband is not spiritual, but she is.  She went on to say they did not have much in common.  Dr. Randy Carlson then told her to look at what they do have in common, she could not think of anything and then he started naming some things; children, mortgage, marriage, name etc.. 

The poem I wrote for him was 'You're the Only Man For Me'.  In the poem I listed the things that he alone has shared with me.  So on Valentine's Day, celebrate love, but more than that celebrate the history you have with the only man for you.

Proverbs 31:12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment