Monday, April 11, 2011

For Granted

I have been married to the same man for almost 30 years (July).  I love him dearly and he amazes me often and irritates me too.  In the last few weeks I have noticed that I take him for granted more than I should. 

I have a few friends who are going through some trials in their marriage.  Their husbands have been making devastating choices.  Choices in which Biblically these friends can divorce for.  They love their husbands and really want to protect their marriage, but it may be too late. 

Last week I went to coffee with these two ladies and listened to them.  Their hearts are broken not only about losing their husband, but also losing their marriage.  As I was listening to them it really reminded me that I should never and I mean NEVER take my marriage for granted.  It is a blessed institution that Satan would love nothing better to do than break it up. 

When I got home, I thanked God for my marriage and my husband.  Then I prayed for our marriage and my husband. 

Don't take your marriage for granted.  NEVER believe the lie that you have a strong marriage and divorce or the possiblility of divorce will never happen to you. 

Hebrews 13:4  Marriage is honorable among all.

No comments:

Post a Comment